Please join us this Friday, November 9, at 12:15 p.m., for a program of mostly French organ music at our free weekly Music at Midday concert. Baltimore organist Christopher Schroeder will perform works of Bach, Duruflé, Dubois, and Vierne.
Christopher Schroeder is currently Director of Music and Organist at Grace United Methodist Church in Baltimore, and has been both an active church musician and organ recitalist for more than thirty years. Christopher holds both Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees in organ performance from Indiana University.
This Friday’s mostly French program includes:
- Praeludium et Fuga in a, BWV 543 – J. S. Bach
- Fugue sur la thème du Carillon des Heures de la Cathédrale de Soissons, Opus 12 – Maurice Duruflé
- Prélude en RÉ mineur et Fugue de RÉ majeur – Theodore Dubois
- Berceuse from 24 Pièces en style libre – Louis Vierne
- Carillon de Westminster de 24 Pièces de Fantaisie, Op. 54, No. 6 – Louis Vierne