French organist Emmanuel Duperreywill be performing this Friday, October 18, at 12:15 p.m.for the weekly Music at Midday concert at National City Christian Church.
Emmanuel Duperrey currently serves as Organist at Notre Dame de l’Espérance in Villemonble, France, and also performs recitals in France, Germany, England and the United States. He has created several organ transcriptions, including one of Paul Dukas’ The Sorcerer’s Apprentice, recorded on his CD entitled Histoire d’orgue. Mr. Duperreyhas also transcribed the Toccata on the 65th Psalm, improvised by Dutch organistKlaas Jan Mulder.
Here is the complete program for Friday’s midday concert:
- The Arrival of the Queen of Sheba from Solomon, HWV 67 – Georg Friedrich Händel
- Hedwig’s Theme from Harry Potter – John Williams, arr. Emmanuel Duperrey
- Paraphrase sur Duo Gan – Hans-André Stamm
- Theme from Jaws – John Williams
- Celtic Hymn – Hans-André Stamm
- Final (Hommage à Stravinsky) – Naji Hakim