Now in its sixth year of operation, National City’s food pantry is open from 10:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m., every Wednesday. The food pantry offers supplemental food for individuals and families in the neighborhood who do not have enough to eat. We give out over 100 bags of food each week. For those who have cooking facilities, we give a balanced selection of canned meats, beans, vegetables, and fruit as well as starches (rice, spaghetti, etc.), and staples such as toilet paper. For people who have no cooking facilities, we distribute bags of easy-to-use snack and toiletry items.
The Food Pantry can always use more volunteers to help sort food, pack bags, and show hospitality to those who come for food assistance.
To participate in the Food Pantry or for more information, please call the church at 202-232-0323, and leave your name and number for Deloris Ruddock, Food Pantry Director.
We appreciate these donated items:
Your contributions help make the Food Pantry a success.
Those who have facilities need canned:
- Beef Stew
- Peanut Butter
- Meat Entrees
Those who get snack bags need:
- Apple Sauce/Fruit Chips
- Shelf Stable Milk (carton of 18)
- Chef Boyardee Microwave Entrees (carton of 8)
- Vienna Sausages (carton of 18)
- Juices (V8, Capri Sun, Koolaide, Kirkland)
- Granola Bars (Quaker Oats, Fiber One, Rice Krispy)
- Individual Cereal Bowl/Boxes
- Recycled Grocery Bags or purchased t-shirt bags from Costco or Sam’s