Joyful sounds of Christmas and late Advent will fill the sanctuary of National City Christian Church at our free Music at Midday concert this Friday, December 20, at 12:15 p.m. Organist Jackson Borges will perform works of six composers to celebrate this season of light and peace:
- In dulci jubilo, BWV 729 – J. S. Bach
- Rorate Coeli (from 12 Choral Preludes on Gregorian Chant Themes) – Jeanne Demessieux
- Bring a Torch, Jeanette, Isabella – Keith Chapman
- Carol-Prelude on “God Rest Ye Merry, Gentlemen” – Robert Hall Elmore
- Meditation on “Infant Holy, Infant Lowly” – Jackson Borges
- Vom Himmel Hoch – Garth Edmundson
Jackson Borges is Organist and Director of Music for The Episcopal Parish of All Saints’ Church and St. George’s Chapel in Rehoboth Beach and Harbeson, Delaware. Prior to his appointment in 2014, Jackson held positions with Morristown United Methodist Church, The Princeton Girl Choir, and The American Boychoir, all in New Jersey. Jackson holds the Bachelor of Music degree in organ performance from San Diego State University, and the Master of Music degree in organ performance from Westminster Choir College. He is currently a candidate for the Doctor of Musical Arts degree through the University of Alabama, Tuscaloosa, as a student of Dr. Faythe Freese.