Please join us this Friday, September 14, at 12:15 p.m., for our free weekly Music at Midday concert, when Jason Farris will perform a program of organ works by renowned early twentieth century composer C. Hubert H. Parry.
Dr Jason Farris is currently the Director of Music at Grace Episcopal Church in The Plains, Virginia. He previously served at the University of the South in Sewanee, Tennessee, as a Visiting Assistant Professor of Music and as Associate Organist and Choirmaster. Jason earned the Doctor of Musical Arts degree from the University of Houston after completing both Bachelor and Master of Music degrees at Baylor University. His recital performances have taken him to Michigan, Tennessee, and Texas.
This Friday’s program includes music by just one composer, C. Hubert H. Parry:
- Choral Prelude “St. Ann’s”
- Chorale Prelude “St. Cross”
- Chorale Prelude on an Old English Tune “When I Survey the Wondrous Cross”; \\
- Untitled Piece in F Major
- Elegy, in memory of John Cannon, 1978-2017
- Fantasia and Fugue in G (Third Version)