Please join us at National City Christian Church for a delightful concert of seasonal music by organist Michael BrittthisFriday, December 14, at 12:15 p.m.
Michael Britt was appointed Minister of Music at Brown Memorial Park Avenue Presbyterian Church in Baltimore in June 2012. A native Baltimorean, Michael received his bachelor’s degree in Organ Performance from the Peabody Conservatory of Music in 1984. He is a recipient of numerous awards from Peabody, including the Richard Ross award and the Richard L. Phelps award for organ. He was also a finalist in the Arthur Poister Competition in Syracuse, New York. During his career as a church musician, Michael has commissioned and premiered numerous works for choir, organ, and congregation. In May 2009, Michael was invited to perform on the great Cavaille-Coll organ at the Cathedral of Notre Dame in Paris.
This week’s free Music at Midday recital features music reflecting the sacred character of this season along with some well loved winter favorites.
- Variations on the Carol O Run, You Shepherds– Max Drischner
- Meditation on Silent Night– Purcell J. Mansfield
- Toccata on March of the Three Kings– Pierre Cochereau
- Suzy Snowflake – Sid Tepper, arr. Michael Britt
- Sleigh Ride – Leroy Anderson, arr. Michael Britt