This Friday, April 1 (April Fools Day) at 12:15 p.m., come and enjoy some musical surprises at our free weekly Music at Midday recital. Baltimore organist Michael Britt will be performing a program of organ music that you’ll surely enjoy and remember!
Here is the music that you’ll hear this week:
- Sortie in E Flat Major – Louis James Alfred Lefébure-Wély
- Alles Was Du Bist: Trio in the style of J.S. Bach – Billy Nalle
- “Cruella de Vil” from 100 Dalmatians – Roger Radcliffe, arr. for organ by Michael Britt
- Floral Prelude on Zehenspitzen durch die Tulpen – Daniel E. Gawthrop
- I Love Pickles – arr. by Michael Britt
Michael Britt is the Minister of Music at Brown Memorial Park Avenue Presbyterian Church in Baltimore. He also serves on the faculty of the Community College of Baltimore County and as Organist at Beth-El Congregation and as house organist at the Weinberg Center for the Arts in Frederick Maryland. As well as being a frequent recitalist of classical organ literature, Michael is a performer of theatre organ music and is in demand throughout the country as a silent film accompanist.
National City Christian Church is still requiring attendees to wear masks at all times inside the building and to observe social distancing. For those who are not able to join us in person, we will be recording the concert and will post it later in the day on the church’s YouTube channel and Facebook page.