Please join us at National City Christian Church this Friday, June 3, at 12:15 p.m., for our weekly Music at Midday recital. We are delighted to be welcoming organist Carol Feather Martin, who will perform a program that she has entitled, “Oberlin Connections”:
- On the Name Maurice Duruflé – David Hurd
- An Exalted Ritual (IV from Five Dances, Op. 76) – Calvin Hampton
- The Pyramids of Giza (III from Ancient Wonders, an Organ Demonstrator) – David Arcus
- Hommage à Gershwin (Quodlibet on SLANE) – Christa Rakich
- Reverie – William Grant Still
- Healing (from Journey to Wholeness) – Angela Kraft Cross
Carol Feather Martin, a native of North Carolina, graduated from Oberlin Conservatory with a BM in piano performance and MM degree in Organ Performance and Piano Chamber Music and Accompanying Performance from Catholic University. Carol is Director of Music and Arts and Organist at Trinity Presbyterian Church in Arlington, Virginia where she works with all ages of singers, handbell ringers and instrumentalists. Solo and chamber music recitals have taken Carol to many areas of the U.S. and also Canada and Germany. She is a champion of newly composed and American music as well as standard repertoire and transcriptions. She is a frequent clinician and consultant for professional music organizations.
Currently the wearing of masks is optional but highly recommended. For those who are not able to join us in person, we will be recording the concert and will post it on the church’s YouTube channel and Facebook page.