Please join us at National City Christian Church this Friday, June 25, at 12:15 p.m., for our free weekly Music at Midday concert. We are delighted to be welcoming organist David K. Houston, who currently serves as Organist and Choirmaster at St. Andrew’s Episcopal Church in College Park, Maryland, and as Dean of the District of Columbia Chapter of the American Guild of Organists.
This week’s recital will be the final concert of our spring season. After a break for the months of July and August, we will resume our weekly series on Friday, September 10.
David Houston will be presenting this Friday a program of organ music entitled “Look to the Skies!”
- Star Rising – Erik Santos
- Étoile du Soir – Louis Vierne
- October Interlude – Clarence Mader
- Maple Leaf Rag – Scott Joplin, arr. Lawrence Grant
- The Trees Unfold – Judith Weir
- Hymne du Soleil – Louis Vierne
- Fanfares to the Tongues of Fire – Larry King
While masks are no longer required for fully vaccinated persons, we do ask others to remain masked and maintain social distancing. For those who are still not able to join us in person, we will be recording the concert and will post it later in the day on the church’s YouTube channel and Facebook page.