Please join us at National City Christian Church this Friday, February 10, at 12:15 p.m., for our free weekly Music at Midday. This week we are delighted to be welcoming organist Glenn Little from Stafford, Virginia.
In observance of Black History Month, this week’s concert features music of African American composers:
- Aria – Nicholas Bowden
- Give Me Jesus – Eurydice V. Osterman
- Ride On, King Jesus – David Kidwell
- Steal Away – David Kidwell
- Toccata on “Great Day” – Adolphus Hailstork
- His Eye Is on the Sparrow – Carl Haywood
- Hold On – Calvin Taylor
- Retrospection – Florence B. Price
- Improvisation on “We Shall Overcome” – Carl Haywood
Glenn Little is a native of Washington, D.C., where he graduated from Howard University with a B.Mus. in organ performance and a minor in piano. His organ instructors at Howard were Thomas Keith and Harvey Van Buren. He pursued additional studies with the late Conrad Bernier of Catholic University. Following graduation, Mr. Little entered the U.S. Foreign Service, where he served for over 32 years with assignments stateside and abroad. Since his retirement in 2000, he has served at various churches in the Raleigh/Durham/Cary areas as Director of Music Ministry/Organist.
For those who are not able to join us in person, we will be recording the concert and will post it on the church’s YouTube channel and Facebook page.