Please join us at National City Christian Church this Friday, March 3, at 12:15 p.m., for our free weekly Music at Midday. This week we are delighted to be welcoming organist Midori Ataka to perform a program of music reflecting cultures of Europe, North America, and Asia:
- Organ Symphony No. 5 (Toccata) – Charles-Marie Widor
- Fugue in E-flat Major (St. Anne) – J. S. Bach
- Three Pieces for Organ (Elevation) – George Walker
- Enigma Variation (Nimrod) – Edward Elgar
- Improvisation on Red-Dragonfly
- Toccata Giacoso – Gilbert M. Martin
Midori Ataka is a doctoral candidate in organ at Peabody Conservatory where she serves as Conservatory Accompanist. As an organist and collaborative musician, Midori has performed at several locations including Zion Church of the City of Baltimore, St. Bartholomew’s Episcopal Church, St. Ignatius Catholic Church, and St. John’s Episcopal in Chevy Chase. Originally from Kobe, Japan, Midori earned a Bachelor of Arts in Music from Northwestern College, and a Master of Music as well as Graduate Performance Diploma from Peabody Conservatory of Johns Hopkins University.
For those who are not able to join us in person, we will be recording the concert and will post it on the church’s YouTube channel and Facebook page.