Please join us at National City Christian Church this Friday, March 4, at 12:15 p.m. for our free weekly Music at Midday concert. We are delighted to be welcoming organist Jason Farris, who will perform works appropriate for the Lenten season:
- Psalm Prelude (Ps. 34:6), Op. 32, No. 1 – Herbert Howells
- Erbarm’ dich mein, O Herre Gott, BWV 721 – J. S. Bach
- O Mensch, bewein dein Sunde gross, BWV 622 – J. S. Bach
- Fantasia and Fugue in C Minor, BWV 537 – J. S. Bach
- Chorale Fantasia on an Old English Tune – C. Hubert H. Parry
- Meditation on “Ah! Dearest Jesus” – Clarence Dickinson
Dr. Jason Farris is currently the Director of Music at Grace Episcopal Church in The Plains, Virginia. He previously served at the University of the South in Sewanee, Tennessee, as a Visiting Assistant Professor of Music and as Associate Organist and Choirmaster. Jason earned the Doctor of Musical Arts degree from the University of Houston after completing both Bachelor and Master of Music degrees at Baylor University. His recital performances have taken him to Michigan, Tennessee, and Texas.
National City Christian Church is still requiring attendees to wear masks at all times inside the building and to observe social distancing. For those who are not able to join us in person, we will be recording the concert and will post it later in the day on the church’s YouTube channel and Facebook page.