As part of our free weekly Music at Midday series, we will be having our annual Pride Recital this Friday, June 9, at 12:15 p.m. at National City Christian Church. Organist Tyler A. Canonico will be performing an exciting program:
- Radetzky March, Op. 228 – Johann Strauss, trans. Jonathan Scott
- Sonata No. 6 in G Major, BWV 530 (I. Vivace) – J. S. Bach
- Concert Overture No. 1 – Arthur Hollins
- Sonata No. 1 (II. Andantino) – Florence B. Price
- Fantasy Variations on the Ukrainian National Anthem – Anders S. Bōrjesson
Tyler A. Canonico is the Minister of Music and Organist at Market Square Presbyterian Church in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, where he leads an expansive music program. Tyler is also an Adjunct Instructor of Music at Lebanon Valley College where he conducts the seventy-plus member College Choir. In addition to his work, he is the organist for the Harrisburg Symphony Orchestra, and the founder and conductor of The Harrisburg Camerata. Tyler is a graduate of the University of Alabama in Tuscaloosa, Alabama where he received a Master of Music in Organ Performance and studied under Dr. Faythe Freese.
For those who are not able to join us in person, we will be recording the concert and will post it on the church’s YouTube channel and Facebook page.