Please join us at National City Christian Church this Friday, February 9, at 12:15 p.m., when we will be welcoming organist Ralph Holtzhauser to perform the second of our recitals for Black History Month. This week’s program includes:
- Improvisation on “We shall overcome” – Carl Haywood
- “I Love Thee Lord” and “There Is a Happy Land” – George Shearing
- Ascension Suite – Sharon Wills
- Adoration; Elf on a Moonbeam – Florence Price
- What a Friend We Have in Jesus – William Bolcom
Ralph Holtzhauser is a liturgical musician and a composer, currently serving Music Director for the Catholic Diocese of Youngstown and of the Cathedral of St. Columba. He has ventured into the realm of jazz, playing with three-time Grammy winner Graham Breedlove at the Kennedy Center, as well as progressive rock, recording at the First Congregational Church of Los Angeles. He recently earned his master’s degree from the Cleveland Institute of Music as a student of Todd Wilson. Mr. Holtzhauser is currently recording a collection of African American organ music will be released this coming summer and featured at the American Guild of Organists National Convention.