Please join us this Friday, October 15, at 12:15 p.m., for our free weekly Music at Midday concert. We are delighted to be welcoming back Baltimore organist Wm. Glenn Osborne, who will perform a program of beautiful music:
- Passacaglia in D Minor, BuxWV 161 – Dietrich Buxtehude
- Variations sur un thème de Clément Mannequin – Jehan Alain
- Fantasia Chromatica – Jan Pieterszoon Sweelinck
- Le Banquet Céleste – Olivier Messiaen
- “The Peace may be exchanged.” From Rubrics – Dan Locklair
- “Humoresque” L’Organo Primitivo – Pietro A. Yon
William Glenn Osborne most recently served as Director of Music and Organist at the Cathedral of Mary Our Queen in Baltimore. He studied organ, improvisation, and composition in France, living in Aix-en-Provence and Lyon. Before studying abroad, he earned degrees from Westminster Choir College and the University of Notre Dame. Mr. Osborne has given concerts in the United States, Italy, France, Switzerland, Spain, and Greece, and has placed in several national and international competitions.
Currently the District of Columbia is requiring all persons, whether vaccinated or not, to wear masks at public indoor spaces. We will follow this and any other requirement put in place to protect the public health.
For those who are still not able to join us in person, we will be recording the concert and will post it later in the day on the church’s YouTube channel and Facebook page.