This week’s free Music at Midday concert will feature a quartet from The Barclay Brass,an ensemble comprised of some of Washington’s top brass musicians. Please join us at National City Christian Church this Friday, September 21, at 12:15. p.m. to hear a variety of pieces for brass. The program will also include a recently composed work for organ and brass quartet by NCCC organist Kenneth Lowenberg, with the composer himself playing the organ part.
Barclay Brass members perform with premier military bands, major symphony orchestras, and are in demand as freelancers all over the country. From the Pope to the President, members of The Barclay Brass have performed for some of the highest profile officials and ceremonies.
Here is the program of music that awaits you this Friday:
- Die Bankelsangerlieder – Anonymous, arr. Robert King
- Sonata on “Lauda Anima” for Organ and Brass Quartet – Kenneth Lowenberg
- Danny Boy – Frederic Weatherly, arr. Brett Miller
- Simple Gifts – Aaron Copland, arr. Jari Villanueva
- Canzona Bergamasca – Samuel Scheidt