James Hicks, who was scheduled to perform our Music at Midday recital tomorrow, Friday, February 7, was diagnosed with pneumonia earlier this week and Is unable to travel here to present his program. We are holding him in prayer and wish him a full and speedy recovery.
We are delighted that in Jim’s place organist Michael Britt will be performing a program of theatre organ music that will cheer your spirits during this week of gloomy weather. The concert will take place tomorrow, Friday, February 7, at 12:15 p.m.
Michael Britt currently serves as Minister of Music and Organist at Brown Memorial Park Avenue Presbyterian Church in Baltimore. In addition to being a frequent recitalist of classical organ literature, he is a performer of theatre organ music and is in demand throughout the country as a silent film accompanist. His program on Friday will include:
- “On Broadway” – Jimmy Boyce
- “I’ll Take You Home Again, Kathleen” – Thomas P. Westendorf
- Variations on “Three Little Fishies” – Michael T. Britt
- “My Heart Belongs to Daddy” – Cole Porter
- “Feed the Birds” from “Mary Poppins” – Robert Sherman and Richard Sherman
- “Little Lamb” and “Everything’s Coming Up Roses” from “Gypsy” – Jule Styne and Stephen Sondheim