Organist Stefan Donner is traveling from his home in Vienna, Austria, to perform works of Bach, Widor, and Vierne, at our free weekly Music at Midday concert this Friday, November 2, at 12:15 p.m.
Stefan Donner earned degrees from the University of Music and Performing Arts Vienna (highest honors) where he studied organ and piano. He also received a Master’s degree in organ performance from the Conservatorium van Amsterdam. Stefan is the recipient of various awards and received a 2014-15 Fulbright grant to study organ and harpsichord at the Eastman School of Music in Rochester, NY with Edoardo Bellotti. As a concert organist, Stefan has performed all over Europe and in the United States. Beside his busy concert schedule Stefan is working as an organist at St. Peter’s Church in Vienna, Austria.
This week’s program includes:
- Toccata and Fugue in D minor, BWV 565 – J. S. Bach
- Wachet auf, ruft uns die Stimme (Wake up, the voice calls us), BWV 645 – J. S. Bach
- Pièces de Fantasie, 3e Suite, Op. 54 (1. Dédicace) – Louis Vierne
- Cantata 147, BWV 147, Jésus due ma joie demeure) – J. S. Bach, arr. Maurice Duruflé
- Symphony for Organ No. 5, Op. 42 (5. Toccata) – Charles-Marie Widor